Monday, April 18, 2011

Busy Weekend!

Well. Knowing I had drill this past weekend, my last week was extra busy because I had to make sure all the laundry was done, and shopping, and cleaning. So let me apologize first for it taking so long to write again. Alright. And I was lazy. Okay? Just a cloudy rainy blah week for me. Very uninspiring week. The sun is shining today though! I feel the inspiration flowing back in veins. If you could actually see it, it would be purple. Im feeling it! My thoughts for today are this.  Is it better to be blissfully ignorant about the political crap going on and just live life as if things are the way they are and thats that? Or is better to watch the news, find out whats going on, and frankly get so irritated that it just makes your blood boil sometimes?!!   I dont think there is a happy medium.  You are either following whats going on, or your not. I want to be informed. However. Its exhausting, Its all consuming. Im not talking about the regular news. I stopped watching that LONG ago. I don't need to hear about the 500th kid abducted, the 2000th murder.  Now that is depressing stuff. I mean the government news. Whats going on in Washington. What they are doing to "help" us citizens.  That can drive you looney. And it does. WHY is there so much corruption and back room deals with business and lobbyists. I think the main issue I have is that average people I want to believe do not behave like that! Your average neighbor would help you if they had the opportunity and you needed it. People generally look out for one another. I dont understand how there is such a concentration of self centered ruthless individuals squashed into one building.   Power corrupts absolutely? I guess so. Its disturbing. Im glad the big spot light is now on Washington. Im glad for Fox News exposing the things they try to slip by. No one is perfect. By any stretch. But for the majority of the corruption it was Fox that answers the tough questions and exposes the lies. No other station digs as deep. So for that I am glad. But.  Is all that doom and gloom good for your mental state? Is it better to just stick your head in the sand, pay higher grocery costs, pay higher gas costs and not question WHY? You wont like the answer! But atleast you can go on in Peace if you dont know the answer. If you dont care about the answer. I guess if everyone did that, things wouldnt have changed in Washington. Things wouldnt be under the microscope they are now. It is a good thing people are involved and have the ability to atleast try to change the political machine that has been allowed to run so corruptly for so long. I just wish it were better circumstances. I wish things were not the way they are. I miss the happy days. The few ruined it for the many. That still doesnt answer my question. I dont know what the solution is. I really dont. I can tell you, I would be much happier NOT knowing, but by NOT knowing, it can't get better with change.  What a pickle.

No comments: