Friday, April 8, 2011

The MMW!

Why is it, no matter the size of the house, no matter the size of the bedroom, kids will ALWAYS leave their toys all over the house. I get the "oops I forgot".  I really thought that moving to a bigger house and being able to fit all their toys into their rooms would curb their need to spill out into every corner of my house. I know silly me right? I finally came home today and put the kibosh on that! I kicked them out of my living room. Yes I said. MY living room. I got a broom and scooped all their stuff to a pile, said pick out what is yours, the rest is getting trashed. Go outside and play or clean your rooms cause the living room will be empty tonight! Now ofcourse they didn't bawk yet.  Its light outside. Its not freezing out. There is much fun to be had outdoors right now. However. This evening, when they are wanting to put a movie in, or turn on their favorite Friday night show Americas Funniest Home Videos they may, just may, realize that yes I am the meanest mom in the world, or as we like to say the MMW!

1 comment:

Gary - datazapgary@gmail.com said...

From what I have seen of human nature in my lifetime. 5% of people have organizational skills within them as part of their personality. The remaining 95% of the population needs to be taught, learn, organizational skills. This includes cleaning up toys.