Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Snacking!

Is it just me or do kids like to snack? No matter what they eat for breakfast, or lunch or dinner, they snack. Nothing unhealthy, we buy pretzels, apples, and half the time they eat cereal. I find bags of cereal in the living room. One would think I am starving them to death. Not true! Trust me! So a little light bulb went off in my head. Coupons. Now I know people use coupons here and there, and half the time I have one I forget to use it. Even dollar off ones! I just forget! But I manage to remember my reusable bags. So why can't I remember coupons? Its not a way of life. My green bags have become a way of life, so when I go to the store, I grab them. Easy. Plus I LOVE Scan It so I can bag my own groceries saving me time! It should be the same for coupons.


They have this new show, I know you have heard of it, Extreme Couponing. Well. I finally got to see the show and lucky for me, it was 1 normal person, and 1 crazy person. The normal person had a small pantry, bigger than one I can have right now, but not a stock pile thats a full room! The normal person would buy 10 bags of something, 15 bottles of something... the crazy lady bought 114 bottles of pain killer. I guess if you get paid to buy it its not so crazy. But that also means she had 114 coupons for them! How does she get that? She had crates and crates and crates of flyers. 35 hours a week. Clipping coupons. That is so daunting it would turn anyone away! Her basement was her own store. WOW.

As I started printing out my coupons I found, I realized for some things, it wasnt so hard to match up sales with coupons! I have paper towels that have a register coupon when you buy 3, and a coupon for 50 cents off, which is then doubled, so thats 1.00 off, plus you get the 2.00 for a future trip coupon at th register. Now imagine if those same paper towels were on sale! You could get them for free almost, plus the 2.00 coupon! Why wouldnt you want to try for that??! It will just take some organization on my part, a Sunday afternoon, and planning meals rather than flying by the seat of my pants week to week. Its worth a shot. The worst that happens is I save some money right? HA!

Anyone else starting to find out coupons are the way to go? Or you have been doing it for years, and I am just slow? lol. Maybe then I wont bawk at the kids going through 4 boxes of cereal a WEEK! :P

No comments: